Which area in the home do you like cleaning? Bet you said the toilet. Clean your bathrooms quickly and efficiently by using this 10-step procedure.
10 Tips to Clean Your Bathroom
1. Remove all items from their usual place. For best results, do this step for the whole toilet rather than as you go. Remove all your products from the bathtub or shower. Toss all used towels and rugs away from the room. Transfer any items from the counters away from the bathroom, also. Do not forget to catch any trash cans.
2. To eliminate dust, catch your duster with a long handle to remove any cobwebs in corners, on light fixtures or in vents. If you still can not reach the cobwebs, pull into a stepladder to get high.
3. Apply cleaner to shower and tub. Employ an all-purpose cleaner should you wash regularly or an acid-based cleaner if you’ve got serious buildup to your shower. Do not forget the shower track and within the shower door if appropriate.
4. Spray the all-purpose cleaner to your cleaning apparatus (i.e. microfiber fabric, sponge, etc.) and wash down any towel racks, shelves, baseboards, doors, blinds and windowsills.
5. Mix cleaning solution for flooring.
Fill a bucket with warm water and the suggested amount of all-purpose cleaner.
6. Hit the shower and tub. At this time, the cleaner will have done a lot of the work for you, letting you gently wash away loose dirt and buildup.
7. Complete the shower and tub. Replace all items you eliminated, wiping them if necessary as you go, then close the shower door or curtain.
8. Clean out the vanity area. Use the glass cleaner in your mirror.
9. If you scrub within your bathroom frequently, the all-purpose cleaner should find the job done. Spray or sprinkle a toilet-specific cleaner if accumulation exists, then scrub with a toilet brush prior to flushing.
10. Submerge your mop in the bucket of cleaning solution, squeeze out excess water, then wash the bathroom floor. After dry, replace the trashcan and your freshly stained rugs.
The above can help you clean your toilet fast and economically, as can keeping it clear between cleanings.
Maintain a hand-held vacuum in the toilet for everyday pickup of hair and other debris on the ground.
Put in a hair-catcher on your drain to prevent buildup. When water does not drain as it needs to, it leaves behind a nasty ring around the shower or tub.
Squeegee shower walls after use to maintain water marks .
Keep smaller things in baskets and bins to prevent clutter creep.
Does someone in your home need a reminder about the best way best to alter an empty toilet paper roll? Share our video to get a friendly reminder: